Our increasingly stressful lives, worsening nutrition and lack of proper fitness combine to result in declining levels of hormones in our bodies.
The reproductive system is most affected by this imbalance of hormones. A female hormonal imbalance could cause heavy periods, infertility, and endometriosis.
What causes hormonal imbalance?
- High stress
- Insufficient sleep
- Unhealthy diet
- Thyroid problems
By understanding the causes of hormonal imbalance and learning which are within your control, you can both prevent and relieve symptoms.
Some hormonal imbalance problems are:
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- A common cause of infertility, diabetes, acne, male pattern hair growth, and other reproductive issues.
- Estrogen dominance
- A ratio of high estrogen to progesterone. It usually occurs during menopause or a few years before.
- Perimenopausal Symptoms
- Early onset of menopause
- Hypothyroidism and other Thyroid Problems
- This is correlated with adrenal imbalance
- Directly correlated to hormone insulin